Michael P. Boland; Perf-Tec President and Founder
“I believe in helping people find purpose and achieve performance
in their professional lives by accomplishing things they never envisioned possible. When personal and organizational goals are aligned, anything becomes possible.”
Michael Boland is a business consultant and sales advisor to domestic and international organizations on a wide variety of sales, organizational and leadership issues. His strength is in his ability to tackle issues, open minds and convert problems into opportunities. He distills complex issues into workable solutions, defining for all players the current scenario, the desired outcome, and a strategy for achieving it. Michael moves people and companies from inertia to a focused path and measurable success. Merging over 30 years of experience with best current thinking, he drives and enacts positive change, and instills belief systems that convert challenges into achievements.
Chemical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University Sales MBA, TEC Institute
1982-Present: Performance Technologies—President and Founder
A full-service business and consulting firm whose mission is “To help our clients WIN...more, especially in these challenging times.”
1984-1988: Spectra Physics—Business Unit Manager Performed global responsibilities for this SBU and Fortune 1000 laser equipment manufacturer, from product conception and design to distribution and service of mature product lines. His team doubled sales worldwide in four years.
1979-1984 National Diversified Products—Partner
Successful high-tech equipment distributor in the midwest.
1969-1973 Alcoa—Engineering Technologist, Finishes Division, R&D Developed a patent for the aluminum finish on the Sears Tower, Chicago.
Key Accomplishments at Performance Technologies:
•Partnered with a sales organization of 1500 professionals to enable them to be the “differentiating factor” with their customers in a highly competitive industry based upon his book and work on Get-Real Selling and Get-Real Coaching.
• Spearheaded an organizational transformation that enabled a company to develop and execute the sales and management strategies necessary to secure the more complex (and more profitable) sales they sought.
• Guided an executive management team on a path to develop world-class leadership skills that transformed the culture into a more disciplined organization, able to execute plans with confidence.
• Led the installation of a participative management process in a unionized steel company riddled with distrust. Customer care, quality and reengineering initiatives made a positive impact on the organization, which went on to win an award for helping the Armed Forces perfect the Patriot Missile. Speaker/Presenter:
• A keynote speaker at national and international business events
• Provides a powerful delivery with proven processes on sales, sales coaching, leadership and management, driving the audience to take action
• Humorously shares his personal winning strategies on sales, leadership and life.
- Inventor—Patent for the aluminum finish on the Sears Tower, Chicago— Alcoa R&D (1973)
- Co-Author—Partnered with Keith Hawk, Senior Vice President of Sales, LexisNexis, in writing Get-Real Selling (now in its second printing)
- Veteran—United States Army
- Advisor—Served on the board of several companies in the U.S.
- Married, with four daughters and 11 grandchildren
- Active in his church and community
- Board Chairman, Dayton Right To Life
Clients speak about Michael Boland and Performance Technologies
“I recognize Performance Technologies to be an organization that can
assist senior business leadership in the identification of key success factors that will lead to improved business results.”
VP of Law Schools LexisNexis
“He helped us improve the adaptability of our business to the many forces that impact our growth. He also helped us refine the vision and how we can achieve it.”
Jeffrey A. Hawk
Chairman American Trim, LLC
“The arsenal of business tools and training he provided is the primary success factor in our achieving a very aggressive transition timetable.”
Mr. James Maddox Chairman